The Register EC2 Instances With Load Balancers action can be used to register one or more EC2 instances with one or more ELB classic load balancers or ALB target groups.
Please see Common Action Settings for a description of settings common to all action types.
Instance Identification Method
Indicates the method in which instances will be selected. Possible options include:
- All Instances - All instances will be selected
- Instance ID - Instances with the specified IDs will be selected
- Instance Name - Instances with the specified 'Name' tag value will be selected
- Resource Tag - Instances with the specified resource tag value will be selected
Indicate the list of instance IDs of your EC2 instances. Instance IDs usually looks like "i-84a3dc7b". All instances must reside in the region specified.
Multiple instances can be added by clicking "Add many instances". In the dialog that appears, enter a space-, comma-, or line-seperated list of instance IDs.
Indicates the value of the 'Name' tag to match when selecting instances.
Resource Tag Name
Indicates the resource tag name to use when selecting instances.
Resource Tag Value
Indicates the resource tag value to compare when selecting instances.
Load Balancer Identification Method
If registering with an ELB classic load balancer, indicates the method of selecting the load balancers to register with. Possible options include:
- All Load Balancers - Registers with all classic load balancers found
- By Load Balancer Name - Registers with the named classic load balancers
- By Resource Tag - Registers with any classic load balancers with matching resource tags
Target Group Identification Method
If registering with an ALB load balancer target group, indicates the method of selecting the target groups to register with. Possible options include:
- All Target Groups - Registers with all ALB target groups found
- By Target Group Name - Registers with the named target groups
- By Resource Tag - Registers with any target groups with matching resource tags
Target Group Ports
Optional. Indicates a list of network ports to register with the target group. Separate multiple ports with commas, spaces, and new lines. Leave this field blank to register with the target group's default ports.
Deregister the Instances
To deregister the instances after a specified period of time, select this option.
Indicates the length of time after registration that the instances will be deregistered.
Amazon Commands Used
The following Amazon AWS commands are used. The access key should have permission to execute all of them.