Backup plans control the schedule for the backup as well as the retention time for the backups.
Once you have created your backup plan, you can add resources to your backup plan.
To create a backup plan:
1. Sign-in to your Skeddly account.
2. Click "Managed Services" then "Backups" on the left navigation menu.
3. Click the "Create Backup Plan" button.
4. Fill in the details of your backup plan, including:
Plan Name: This is a friendly name you are calling you plan. Name is something meaningful like "Backup Production Environments".
Backup Schedule: This includes the days on which backups will be created as well as the time of day.
Backup Details: Indicates the details of the backups, including the backup name and resource tags to add to your backups.
Backups to Delete: Choose when your backups should be deleted. You can choose a simple delete scheme, like 7 or 30 days old, or you can choose a more complicated Grandfather-Father-Son delete scheme.
5. Once you have your plan details filled in, click the "Create" button.
With your new backup plan created, your plan details are shown to you in the "Plan Information" section.
At any time, click the "Edit" button to change the details of your backup plan.