To use IAM roles with Skeddly, you must create an IAM role. Please follow these instructions to create and register your role with Skeddly.
1. Sign-in to your Skeddly account.
2. Go to the "Credentials" page by clicking "Credentials" then "Credentials" in the left navigation pane.
3. Click the "Register Credentials" button.
4. Click the "Register an IAM Role" button.
Keep this page open, and start a new browser and/or tab in your browser:
5. Go to the IAM Management Console.
6. Go to the IAM users list by clicking "Roles" in the left navigation pane.
7. Click the blue "Create role" button at the top of the page.
8. Under "Select type of trusted entity", choose "Another AWS Account".
9. Return to the Skeddly page/tab and copy the "Account ID" to the clipboard.
10. Return to the IAM Management Console page/tab and paste that into the "Account ID" field.
11. Check the checkbox next to "Require External ID".
12. Return to the Skeddly page/tab and copy the "External ID" value to the clipboard.
13. Return to the IAM Mangement Console page/tab and paste that into the "External ID" field.
14. Ensure that the checkbox next to "Require MFA" is NOT checked.
15. Click the "Next: Permissions" button.
16. Click the "Next: Review" button.
17. Give the role a descriptive name. You can name it anything you like, but we suggest giving it a name you can easily identify for Skeddly, such as "Skeddly".
18. Click the "Create role" button.
We need to get the ARN for the newly created role, so:
19. Find your newly created role in the list of roles, and click it's name.
20. The role's ARN should be displayed. It will look like
arn:aws:iam::123456789012:role/my-role . Select it and copy it to the clipboard.
Keep the IAM Management Console window around.
21. Return to the Skeddly page/tab and paste it into the "IAM Role ARN" field.
22. Enter a friendly name in the "Credentials Name" field. Name is something you can easily identify with.
23. Click the "Save" button.
At this point, your credentials have been registered with Skeddly.
The "External ID" is randomly generated each time the Skeddly "Register IAM Role" page is loaded. Make sure the "External ID" copied into your IAM role matches the External ID on the Skeddly page when you click "Save". If it does not match, the IAM Role will not save to Skeddly.