The Delete DynamoDB Backups action can be used to delete many DynamoDB backups based on specific criteria.
For example, it can be used to:
- delete all backups
- delete all backups older than 7 days
- delete only backups that contain "backup" in it's name.
- delete backups that contain "backup" in it's name and are older than 5 days
The Delete DynamoDB Backups action includes a "test mode" as a way of determining which backupswill be deleted without actually deleting the backups. This way, you can fine tune your action without concern for deleting the wrong backups. Test Mode is on by default.
When test mode is enabled, execute your action normally then check the action logs to verify that only backups that should have been deleted would have been deleted, and that backups that should not have been deleted would not have been deleted.
When you are satisfied, disable Test Mode.
Please see Common Action Settings for a description of settings common to all action types.
Backup Identification Method
Indicates the method in which backlups will be selected for possible deletion. Options include:
- All Backups
- By Backup Name
- By Table Name
Required if "Backup Identification Method" is not set to "All Backups". Specifies the comparison to use when selecting backups.
Indicates the deletion scheme used to decide if backups should be deleted or preserved. Options include:
- Delete All Backups - All backups selected will be deleted.
- Simple, Oldest First - Older backups will be deleted based on age, newer backups will be preserved.
- Grandfather-Father-Son - Backups will be preserved based on a minimum number of daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly backups.
Only backups older than the specified number of days will be deleted.
Minimum To Keep
Indicates the minimum number of backups to keep. Newer backups are favoured to keep over older backups.
When enabled, the action group backups together and apply delete scheme on each group independently. Possible options include:
- None - No grouping will occur.
- By Region - Backups will be grouped together based on region
- By Table - Backups will be grouped together based on table
Indicates the method in which the report will be sent.
Indicate the target email address to which the reports will be sent. Possible options include:
Alternate Email Addresses
Indicates the alternate email addresses to which the reports will be sent.
Specify the format of the report. Possible options include:
- HTML file emailed
- CSV file emailed
Enables and disabled Test Mode (see above).
Amazon Commands Used
The following Amazon AWS commands are used. The access key should have permission to execute all of them.